Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No Love

As we all know, WVU football always gets crapped on in some form or fashion; and this year seems to be no different...
Although we are predicted to reach a BCS game, no one believes we are a national title contender. ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel and Mark Schlabach both have USC fighting on January 7 for the title; but they differ on who will face USC. Ivan believes it will be Oklahoma. Mark projects it to be LSU. Pretty optimistic by both I say. Oklahoma travels to #7 Texas on October 6th. This will be a big test for the Sooners (or "laters", as I see them losing). USC has to go on the road for their two biggest games this year. First they travel to #13 Oregon on October 27. Then on November 10, they travel to face a revengeful #6 Cal team. LSU may have the toughest schedule...this week they are at home to face #12 S. Carolina, two weeks after that they face #3 Florida, then turn around and go to #21 Kentucky (a dream destroyer), and two weeks after that they travel to #16 Alabama...that's alot of hurdles. If any of those teams get through that, they deserve the right to play for the title.
But what about WVU? First up is #23 S. Florida (a team that beat us at home last year), away to #11 Rutgers (not a violent stadium, but a tough team), and then at home to face #18 Louisville (whom beat us last year). As I said before, if a team can get through that, they deserve to play for the National Championship. As the old adage goes, "its not over til the fat BSR sings."

4 comments:

Brave Sir Robin said...

I agree with much of what you said, excepting the line about Texas being tough. I am not along in my belief that Texas is the most overrated team in the top ten. I would elaborate as to why but prefer to let you watch and see for yourself.

And I am not fat. But will admit to being bigger than I have historically been. Snacker

Brave Sir Robin said...

*** ALONE in my belief.

Wish there were a way to edit comments. But alas ther is not.

Brave Sir Robin said...

I hope the ringing endorsement on the BASTARD SONS OF PINFALL MARKS helps your site. It can't hurt it anyway.

KaptainJudy said...

Your comment is correct, I should have given a reason Texas is tough an will win the game versus Ok. If you care to check later tonight, I will elaborate.