Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here's to You Coach Rod

This weekend was a nightmare for many of the Top 25, the Big East (minus USF), and WVU. As far as the Mountaineer's go, it was not the players fault. We were completely out coached. I love paying $1 million + in coaching to draw right, draw left, and throw screens on 3rd and 8. I saw that combo way too many times Friday night. It made me want to vomit, cry, etc... To say the least, the Mountaineer's coaching failed, miserably. On a bright side, our defense stepped up, big time. They intercepted the now infamous Grothe two times, forced and recovered two fumbles, and allowed only two TD's.
.
Unfortunately, we also had to play offense. I believe the O-line should have taken a left at Albuquerque. Although White got scared hurt in the second quarter, he and Slaton combined for a mere 90 yards. Another notable twosome, Brown and Devine, basically carried (literally and figuratively) the Mountaineers (yes I know they lost). If you look at the stats (minus the score) you would believe the Mounties won the game. They out gained the Bulls by approximately 160 yards and dominated the time of possession by over nine minutes. The one stat that cost us the game was turnovers. We came into the game +3 and left +1. The first (and more than likely the worst) was an interception thrown by White in the first quarter. It slightly resembled the USF game of a year ago. White dropped back and looked left for a quick slant, he released it, then immediately regretted it. Ben Moffitt's eyes glazed over. He reached up, snagged the ball, and took it to pay dirt 26 yards later. That play basically set the stage for the rest of the game. WVU turned the ball over again and again, they did not execute the obscure plays the coaches called, and turned the ball over again. We abandoned what works for us; the speed option right, down field passes, and options left.
.
So in summary, the players did not execute to the level they normally do, the coaching staff FAILED miserably, and USF wanted it more.
.
We shall see what happens with the Top 25 shuffle later today and I may comment more then. But for now, I am disappointed.






8 comments:

KaptainJudy said...

Of course Florida and Oklahomo would stay above WVU, even though they both lost to much worse teams...I hate the AP voters almost as much as they hate WVU.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Gimme another post Kaptainjudy...
c'mon.

What happened with the chipmunk?

KaptainJudy said...

Its mid-term snacker!

Got the monk....well Bingur did!

Anonymous said...

Dude, did you quit blogging? I try to check here a couple times a week.

Maybe you could join up with "let's go drink some beers", less workload.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

this is very good for you, ybg :)

Anonymous said...

I went to the dentist a scarcely any weeks ago to have my braces on. I' m stock-still having predicament in eating because of the wires. I also observed that I' m having a lot of cuts clandestine my sound because of the wires and I consider it absolutely undesirable.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]